Saturday, 8 December 2012

Sitting on the Dock (of the Android)

I've been eyeing this Philips Android device dock for some time. Today I went browsing in DSE, only to see a sign that said "40% off Android Docks Saturday and Sunday."

So, for a shade under  AUD 90 I got this nice bit of kit.  Of course it:
  • Charges the device
  • Syncs time with the device
  • Provides great sound playback
It also provides an FM tuner, that can be controlled via the dock or the bluetooth-synced Android device.  Dual alarms, each with the ability to use internal FM tuner, buzzer, or playback from the Android device.

For higher-fidelity audio, it's possible to use a 3.5mm stereo lead.

It's not quite a complete replacement for a clock-radio, because AM is still significant here in Australia. However most AM radio stations are available through mobile aps, so - provided that data usage isn't limited, that's a great workaround.

A pie-in-the-sky wishlist would have it including a DAB+ tuner, also.  I can pipe the output from my digital radio via the 3.5mm jack, however.

So, at home, my phone will be sitting on the dock of the android, wasting time...

No comments:

Post a Comment